Building a Dream: Sweetwater Riverdeck
Mike Iles had a dream. He owned a tented tiki bar along the Mullica River in Hammonton, NJ and he wanted to turn it into “the nicest marina in South Jersey.”
Mike knew he wanted construction to be fast, so post-frame was the way to go. He had worked with us in the past on two pole-barns, so he was already aware of our skill level, knowledge and attention to detail. Mike said, “I turned to Conestoga for a third time because I knew they could handle the level of difficulty that it took to complete this project. There are very few post-frame construction companies that can do that.”
Design Features at Sweetwater Riverdeck include:
- Breezeway with Architectural Glu – Lam Posts and Trusses, Exposed Rafters, and Tongue & Groove Ceilings
- Specialty Foundation and Footer designs for water exposure
- 2nd Floor Extended Porch (off event space) with Riverfront Views
- Modified Truss Design to Allow for Architectural Tongue and Groove Cathedral Ceilings in Outside Bar
- Flexible and Expansive Spaces for many different events and uses
- Bright and Modern Design aesthetics
Construction started in October 2019 and by July, his once popular tent was replaced with a full blown 20,000 sq. ft. full service bar and restaurant, a waterfront venue for special events and a Breezeway Canopy connecting the two. Take one step inside and it feels like you’ve been whisked away to the Caribbean; surrounded by palm trees and beautiful views.
Mike’s dream was to build the “nicest marina in South Jersey” and he says, “With Conestoga’s help, we did just that!”
Stay tuned for a video series highlighting Sweetwater Riverdeck and our partnership with Lezzer Lumber to make this project a great success.
Have a dream? When you’re ready, contact us to share your ideas.